Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Old Scripps

This was taken on a trip to Goathland in North Yorkshire, the village is used as the set for the ITV programme "Heartbeat" and most of the locations will be instantly recognised by fans of the 1960's police series. Scripp's Garage and Undertakers is on the main street and this picture shows an old petrol pump and discarded tyres. Originally in colour, I desaturated it and played with the brightness and contrast to get the desired black and white image.

As with all of the images shown in this blog, your comments will always be welcome.


Scripps garage, Goathland picture

Map

Comments:
Hi Curly

Saw your comment on Chris' Newcastle DP.

My picture of Goathland from 1963 has been on the net for about five years now [moved to here from old site last year]. Someone who found it actually emailed me wanting to book a room at the Goathland Hotel!

So there might be a South Shields DP soon then eh!
 
Yes, I think I am going to be sorely tempted to post an image a day (from next week). I certainly have enough useable material, but the challenge is to find new viewpoints and interactions!
 
I couldn't read these comments on the page. They didn't show up against the black background. When I ran my cursor over the apparantly blank space I could see them!

Invisible comments!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_________________________________________________________________






My Photo
Name:
Location: South Shields, Tyne Wear, United Kingdom

Born in 1956, I'm a retailer, father and husband, with two young children a son born in 1997 and a daughter in 2001. I am also a former borough Councillor who has had his passion for people and politics reawakened recently.