Sunday, September 10, 2006

Heart of Gold

The Busker

I had left the Corner Shop at lunchtime today to have a walk into the town centre and find a sandwich, as I walked down King Street, South Shields, I heard the falsetto tones of a busker singing;

I want to live,
I want to give
Ive been a miner for a heart of gold.
Its these expressions I never give
That keep me searching for a heart of gold
And Im getting old.


He sounded just like Neil Young, so I had to throw a quid into his hat!



picture of a busker in King Street, South Shields

Map

Comments:
He may have sounded like Neil Young... but he looks like Chevy Chase!

Thanks for the hydrant comment... I actually considered cropping it... but I thought the "great nothingness" surrounding the hydrant added to the shot.. and what I found funniest about it.

I really like the photoshop treatment with the B&W over duotone in this shot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_________________________________________________________________






My Photo
Name:
Location: South Shields, Tyne Wear, United Kingdom

Born in 1956, I'm a retailer, father and husband, with two young children a son born in 1997 and a daughter in 2001. I am also a former borough Councillor who has had his passion for people and politics reawakened recently.